CLAS Honoured Fellows
Katharina PieperCalligrapher, lettering artist, book artist, designer, teacher, editor. Born 1962 in Germany. Degree of Communication Design in Wiesbaden under Prof. Werner Schneider. Katharina has been teaching lettering and calligraphy at different Art Schools (Mainz, Wiesbaden, Saarbrücken, Hamburg and Ravensburg) since 1988, and gives workshops all over the world.
Since 1987 she has published her calligraphic work worldwide in exhibitions, books and journals and writes articles for different journals in Germany, England, Belgium, Austria, and Switzerland. With her artist books, calligraphy, paintings and calendars she is represented in public and private collections, recently the new Museum of Calligraphy in Moscow and Seoul/Korea, and the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge.
- Schrift Schreiben, novum praxis, Bruckmann-Verlag, München 1991. ISBN 3-7654-2388-2
- Worte werden Bilder (Exhibition in the Niedersächsische Landesbibliothek Hannover), 1996
- Alles fließt - Words in Flow, Katharina Pieper Edition, Homburg 2000
- Es streift die Zeit ganz leise meinen Atem- Time caresses so silently my Breath (with Henning Sabo), Verlag Fechner-Sabo, Mainz, 2001, ISBN 3-934602-02-9
- Texturen des Herzens - Textures of the Heart (with Jean Larcher), Katharina Pieper Edition, Homburg, ISBN 3-00-017278-5
Pieces of work
|Unser Geist ist feuermächtig 2007
Brush, ruling Pen and Brause nib; japanese Ink, wood stain and gouache on Bütten Paper. Dimensions in mm: 370 x 540 mm. Text by Bettine von Arnim.
The Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society, 54 Boileau Road, London SW13 9BL England